Wednesday, October 14, 2015

ATTENTION ALL SENIORS TERRIBLE NEWS...

 ATTENTION ALL SENIORS:
>
>
> Important please read.
>
> ALL SENIORS BETTER READ THIS!!! from a senior gentleman in Mesa, Arizona:
>
> Family, Friends, Neighbors, and former Classmates,
>
>
>
> I just found myself in the middle of a medical situation that made it
> very clear that "the Affordable Care Act" is neither affordable, nor
> do they care.
>
> I'll go back about seven years ago to a fairly radical prostate surgery
> that I underwent. The Urologist who performed the surgery was very
> concerned that it was cancer, though I wasn't told this until the lab
> report revealed it was benign. Since that procedure, I have experienced
> numerous urinary tract infections, UTI's. Since I had never had a
> "UTI" prior to the prostate surgery, I assumed that it is one of the
> side effects from surgery, an assumption since confirmed by my Family
> Doctor.
>
> The weekend of March 8-9, I was experiencing all the symptoms of
> another UTI. By Monday afternoon the infection had hit with full
> force. Knowing that all I needed was an antibiotic, I went to an
> Urgent Care Center in Mesa, AZ, to provide a specimen a requirement for
> getting the prescription. After waiting 45 minutes to see the Doctor,
> I started getting very nauseous and light headed. I went to the
> Receptionist to ask where the bathroom was, as I felt that I was
> going to throw up. I was told that I would have to wait for the
> Doctor because I would have to leave a specimen and they didn't want me
> in the bathroom without first seeing him. That was when the lights
> went out. My next awareness was that of finding myself on the floor (in
> the waiting room) having violent dry heaves, and very confused. At
> this point, I tried to stand up but couldn't make it, and they made it
> very clear they weren't going to let me get up until the ambulance got
> there. By the way, when you're waiting to see the Doctor and you pass
> out, you get very prompt attention.
>
>
> Now, "the rest of the story", and the reason for sending this to so
> many of you.
>
> I was taken to the nearest hospital, to emergency. Once there, I was
> transported to an emergency examination room. Once I had removed my
> clothes and donned one of those lovely hospital gowns, I finally got to
> see a Doctor. I asked "what is going on? I'm just having a UTI. Just
> get me the proper medication and let me go home." He told me that my
> symptoms presented the possibility of sepsis, a potentially deadly
> migration of toxins, and that they needed to run several tests to
> determine how far the infection had migrated.
>
> For the next 3 hours I was subjected to several tests, blood draws,
> EKG's, and demands for specimens. At about 7:30 the nurse came back to
> my room to inform me that one of the tests takes 1- 2 days to complete.
>
> I asked if they (the results) could be emailed, at which point she
> informed me that I wouldn't need them emailed because I wasn't going
> anywhere. I did tell her I wanted to see the doctor because I had no
> intention of staying overnight.
>
> Now, this is what I want each of you to understand. Please read these
> next sentences carefully.
>
> The doctor finally came in to inform me that he was going to admit me.
> I said, "Are you admitting me for treatment or for observation?" He
> told me that I would be admitted for observation. I said, "Doctor,
> correct me if I'm wrong, but if you admit me for observation, my
> Medicare will not pay anything. This due to the Affordable Care
> Act." He said, "That's right, it won't." I grabbed my bag of
> clothing and said, "Then I'm going home." He said you're really too
> sick to be going home, but I understand your position. This health
> program is going to hit seniors especially hard.
>
>
> The doctor then left the room and I started getting dressed. I was
> just getting ready to put my shoes on when another doctor (the closer)
> came into the room. He saw me dressed and said, "Where do you think you
> are going?" I simply said "I'm going home." To which he replied,
> quite vociferously, "No you aren't." I said, "Doc, you and I both know
> that under the "Affordable Care Act" anyone on Medicare who is admitted
> to a hospital for observation will be responsible for the bill.
> Medicare won't pay a cent." At which point he nodded in affirmation.
> I said, "You will either admit me for a specific treatment or you won't
> admit me." Realizing he wasn't going to win this one, he said he would
> prepare my release papers.
>
> A few minutes later, the discharge nurse came to my room to have me
> sign the necessary papers, relieving them from any responsibility. I
> told her I wasn't trying to be obstinate, but I wasn't going to be
> burdened with the full (financial) responsibility for my hospital
> stay. After making sure the door was closed, she said, "I don't blame
> you at all, I would do the same thing." She went on to say, "You
> wouldn't believe the people who elect to leave for the same reasons,
> people who are deathly sick, people who have to be wheeled out on a
> gurney."
>
> She further said, "The 'Affordable Care Act' is going to be a disaster
> for seniors. Yet, if you are in this country illegally, and have no
> coverage, you will be covered in full." This is not internet hype
> folks, this is real. I just experienced it personally.
>
>
> Moving right along, this gets worse.
>
>
> Today I went to a (required) follow up appointment with my Arizona
> Family Practitioner. Since my white count was pretty high, the follow
> up was important. During the visit, I shared the experience at
> emergency, and that I had refused to be admitted. His response was "I
> don't blame you at all, I would have done the same thing."
>
> He went on to say that the colonoscopy and other procedures are
> probably going to be dropped from coverage for those over 70." I told
> him that I had heard that the "Affordable Care Act" would no longer pay
> for cancer treatment for those 76 and older, is that true? His
> understanding is that it is true. The more I hear, and experience
> the Affordable Care Act, the more I'm beginning to see that we seniors
> are nothing more than an inconvenience, and the sooner they can get rid
> of us the better off they'll be.
>
> We can have an impact on this debacle by letting everyone in Congress
> know that their responsibility is to the constituents, not the
> president and not the lobbyists. We need to let them ALL know that
> they are in office to serve and to look after the BEST INTERESTS of "we
> the people," their employers, and not to become self serving
> bureaucrats who serve only out of greed. And if they don't seem to
> understand this simple logic, we'll fire them.
>
>
> REMEMBER:
>
> Demand your hospital admission is for TREATMENT and NOT for
> OBSERVATION! Don't believe this? Ask your doctor.
>
>
>
> SEND THIS TO EVERY SENIOR AND ALL MILITARY (ACTIVE OR VET) AND LET THEM
> KNOW THIS IS HOW OUR REPRESENTATIVES ON CAPITOL HILL TREAT THOSE WHO
> RISK IT ALL SO THEY CAN SIT UP THERE AND ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS THEY
> EXEMPT FROM THE REST OF US.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment